Tuesday, November 13, 2007

I TRIed!


Well, earlier this year I got a crazy idea to try a TRIATHLON. Syd did one before and I wanted to try it too. So, I started training (aka swimming) with Nin, Amy and Court, to get ready. I also rode my cruiser around too. I was doing pretty good, but then summer came, and I basically took the whole summer off. It took me a while to get back into it. So, I didn't feel as prepared as I should have been, but it was a good trial run. The night before, Kanoe also decided to do it. So, Court, Syd, Kanoe and Missy Church met at my house around 530 and we loaded up. There was a wreck on the freeway that we avoided with Courts good driving skills. When we got to Casa Grande it felt like it was 50 degrees, and we were going to go swimming first??? We hurried and registered and got our stuff ready. As we were getting in line to swim, I was getting the worst feeling in my stomach. In line, it was fun watching Kanoe keep up with the Dudes. The swim was harder than I thought it was going to be. I also got a little mental at the deep end and started getting a lil out of breath. I started panicing and held on the side for a sec, but I talked myself through it and remembered that I can swim. Then we had to pull our tired, wet Shamu bodies (seriously thats what it felt like) out of the water and start running to our bike. I threw my shorts, shoes, and helmet on. Oh yeah and my ipod. I start biking and its going good. I start to get my tunes on and wait....Weird Al??? Yea, somehow Em's playlist came on and I listened to Hannah Montana and Weird Al for the torturous 10 mile bike ride that never seemed to end. Yea, beach cruiser training didnt prepare me very well for the bike portion. Then, I got off my bike and started heading for the run. Wait, my legs WILL NOT WORK?? What the heck! Let me just say soft sand dirt hills and dead legs dont work together. The run was a killer and did I say it was cold earlier, cuz now it is Death Valley hot. But now its over and I keep thinking I want to do another! What is wrong with me?


After the race, bout to leave.

Worthen Girls REPRESENTING! Can't wait till next year when Court, Syd, Nin, Niki and Mel all does it! Then the next year after that when Hils will be home with her Boston accent to do it!

4 comments:

the cummard family said...

OK! Good one! Next time we really do need to full fledge "train" for the sucker...so we can beat Min Yung.

Melissa said...

Okay...I promise that one day I will set the goal and do one of those tri's with you...PS..I think Sara and I are going to finally hit up Last Chance tonight!!! I can't think about anything else :)

steph j. said...

hi cousin lindsay! thank you for the invite to look at your blog, this really has been so fun for me to look at all your blogs and keep in touch. it feels like forever since i've seen you. you are still as cute as you always have been and seriously look the same as you always have, you don't look like you've aged at all. your kids are beautiful! congratulations on the tri...that is so inspiring for me! i hope to hear from you soon.

☂niki. said...

I don't know how I am ever going to be able to do a tri...but i guess i will try too :) I'm gonna need some extra training!