Sunday, March 23, 2008

Worthen Family Reunion

EASTER WEEKEND

Friday night my Aunt, Uncle and cousins from Las Vegas came down to visit. I think it has been 9 years since I have seen them. It was SO GREAT to see them again! I LOVED IT! Growing up, we would only see them every year at Thanksgiving. I remember looking forward to it every year! We would drive into Vegas late evening. Grandma Norma would be looking through the window as we pulled in. We were so excited to finally be there and get out of the car that was playing either Billy Joel or Barry Manilow. We would run in the house and instantly walk on the vinyl rug that had sharp spokes on it. Grandma and Grandpa would usually be doing a puzzle to pass the time waiting for us that night. Our family of nine would stay at Grandmas in two bedrooms and the living room. We would bring down video games and play the next day with the cousins, Uncle Jim and Rusty. Grandma, Mom and Vicki would be busy cooking Thanksgiving dinner. Friday we would usually go with all the girls in the family to eat at Macayos. I have great memories with these girls so it was so fun to see them again!
That night everyone went to see Mom, Boyd and Niki at the Easter pagent. We missed it and my family went to the Kennedy's for their Annual easter egg hunt. We met over at Syd's afterwards for homemade butterfinger and pistachio ice cream and brownies.


Saturday morning we met at Nin's for breakfast and to wish BOYD-EO a Happy Birthday. Then we headed to the Barn to swim. The kids loved it.

This year G is putting her head underwater!

Alice loved putting sunscreen on everyones back!

Kohl and Em

After swimming at the Barn, we met at Wendes and hung out ALL day. Thanks NIN! We watched games, ate, dyed eggs, ate, sat on the couch, looked at magazines and ate more food.







Worthen Easter Egg Hunt 2008
Easter morning we all met over at Courts house for breakfast. It was by FAR the BEST breakfast I have ever had! And, I don't even like breakfast. Court made the yummiest waffles and syrup, & biscuits and gravy. I could eat that every morning.
This year Court, again made the CUTEST easter egg baskets for all the kids with REAL grass, adorable. The kids hunted for eggs and loved doing this with their new cousins.












(G just saw the picture and asked me which one was the Easter Bunny!)





I will miss you guys! I loved getting to know all of your sweet kids and great husbands.
I love you all!
I especially love how you remind me of Grandma and Grandpa!
Thanksgiving will never be the same to me without you all.

15 comments:

Amy said...

How fun to reunite with your cousins. I think when we were younger I remember you talking about them but I am not sure if they ever came down. I love your hair I thought it was shorter.

hoopes03 said...

Fun Reunion! I love the easter dresses they look so good!

summer k said...

How fun to have lot's of cousins! I love the pic with all the cousins and hil's, it looks pretty real in the picture!

the cummard family said...

i'm sure it was so sad to see them go. looks like you had a lot of fun while they were here though. the girls dresses look so cute!

Mindy said...

It really was great!! We had so much fun Thank you! I have a hard time thinking about those thanksgivings without crying. They are some of my most favorite times. It is definitely not the same without our sweet grandparents. Macayos and a movie! Fun times. Grandmas whole world lit up when you guys came and I remember hating that I had to share her!!! But, at the same time I loved when you guys came it was almost better then Christmas.I remember I looked up to you so much. I hope you all will be able to make it down this year. How is your dad doing Is he feeling better?

The Foster Family said...

Wow- you're quick, mine is to come. Was a fun weekend, I hope it is the start of some new traditions!

steph j. said...

Linds, I had a great time with all of you too...it was wonderful. I had a laugh reading your memories of driving to Vegas for thanksgiving, like the plastic pokey rugs things.

sydney said...

You forgot about the lamp that you tapped to turn on, the bee skins on the trees, kool-aid in 2 liter bottles, writing are names on the door, Jeri, turkey and mashed potatoes for breakfast, all the pies on the brick thing, the big pillows, enquire mags, much more. Fun weekend!! Much needed!! Love you!

The Kennedy Family said...

Seriously Syd...how do you have such a good memory! I love it!!!
I miss those days!
Don't forget circus circus!
Love ya!

The Foster Family said...

And getting your pop or water out in the fridge in the garage, the huge bag of marbles, turtles in the backyard.....

sydney said...

DROOPY!!

☂niki. said...

i love that pic with the kids and hil! i hope somebody is sending that to her. its too precious!

The Kennedy Family said...

Humells, laundry room door height chart, frosted animal crackers, elephant cookie jar, vinyl bar stools.

C-dawg and the Pound Puppies said...

Ginormous zuccini (?), banana cream pie, homemade chicken noodle soup, grandma always named the turkeys, rubbing grandpa boyds head for hours, sleeping in the motorhome, Duke, Jackie & Dawnetta.

Becky said...

How fun to have such a big family and so many cousins to play with.